Just a test. 3200% more money!! How is it that it cost $4.00 for 1 oz of basil yet… I’m about to get an entire pound for $2.00 from a Farmer’s Market.
I recently fell in love with basil, and while I cringe at the idea of of spending $4.00 for the fancy little pack of basil at the store. I will for the joy of delicious bruschetta.
However I would need to be a millionaire to make basil from these mini packages. So I began hunting for fresh bulk basil. I found several places online, but they were all advertising farmers markets in far away states :(
Then I took to asking friends as I wandered the isles at ALDI… hope was on the horizon, but the best ideas I got were about an hour away!! (working full time and carting around a kiddo this would be hard)
While deep in thought I realized that I had bought lettuces from a local farmer last year… I could probably dig up her email. I had no idea if she would have basil, but it was worth a try.
I was jumping for joy when the answer came back that not only could I buy basil from her. But that if I was willing to buy it on the stems, it would only cost $2.00 a pound!!
Tonight will be a success! Basil on a Budget. Hurray for Pesto!
Do you know any places to buy herbs in bulk?
No comments:
Post a Comment